Upcoming Fitness Events

Upcoming Fitness Events:
Aug. 5-10 -- Beach Week (yes, this counts as a fitness event!)
Sept. 8 -- Zombie Escape (5k mud run)
Nov. 17 -- Color Run Charlotte (5k color extravaganza)

Monday, July 9, 2012

No Jiggle July - Week One Wrap-up

No Jiggle July has started out well, I think. I've been to the gym three times over the past week, and I went running in the neighborhood next to ours on the 4th. I'm struggling with the endurance factor of my cardio (that is, when I ran/walked outside, my time/distance was MUCH higher than it has been on the treadmill), but I think that's more a mental/discipline thing than anything else. On the plus side, I've been really trying to focus on the strength training portion of my workouts. I'm even a little bit sore today, so I'll take that as a good sign. :-)


Today will probably be an off day, but I'm already thinking about hitting up Body Combat tomorrow night at the gym. I've taken the class once or twice, but it's been awhile, so I thought I should give it another shot. I'm also trying to avoid boredom and muscle adaptation (from too many of the same type of workouts). I've seen lots of different strength training exercises and circuits online, but it's so hard to remember any of them when I'm actually standing in the gym!


1 week down, 3 1/2 more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment