Upcoming Fitness Events

Upcoming Fitness Events:
Aug. 5-10 -- Beach Week (yes, this counts as a fitness event!)
Sept. 8 -- Zombie Escape (5k mud run)
Nov. 17 -- Color Run Charlotte (5k color extravaganza)

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Let's Get Physical!

Is it just me, or is it difficult to find time to exercise? For the most part, I'm willing TO exercise, it just doesn't fit into my schedule as conveniently as I would like. I work full-time, my commute is lengthy, and I have a husband who would like for me to be home and cook dinner at some type of a reasonable hour. (I can't even begin to imagine how those with children do it!)


And yet, exercise is definitely important. For me, the key to losing weight is watching what I eat, but I certainly can't knock the benefits that exercise provides -- muscle tone, heightened weight losses, stress relief. I think the secret is trying to find ways to sneak it in...something I'm still working on.


When I first lost weight, I was surprised at how I didn't mind parking a little further away from the grocery store doors -- I actually wanted to walk. I don't encounter many flights of stairs, but I try to take those as well (at least on occasion). If nothing else, I try to keep in mind that what could be seen as inconveniences in life (walking further in the parking lot, circling the office a few times to find someone, having seats on the 3rd level of the hockey arena) are opportunities to squeeze in a little extra fitness. It may not be much, but I'm certain that it's better than nothing!


On a side note, I loved the song "Let's Get Physical" as a child (I thought it was really about working out!). I'm sure my mother just loved having her 4-year-old belt it out on a regular basis! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment